Last year I made a ball jointed cat as an Etsy commission.
Because it was intended as a one off I didn't take "mouldablity" into account when sculpting him.
I really loved how he turned out, and wanted to re-sculpt him for mould making/casting. So, using the working drawings that I made for the original, I have started building him in 3D.
The 3D build is still in its very earliest stages, so it looks quite blocky and, well, awful right now.
But eventually it will look more like this, but with more precise joints:
Once he's finished, I'll again have a print made with Shapeways, and then start producing him in resin.